Win $1,000 for the Western Slopes Heaviest Pumpkin – Official Rules
A local business is offering a $1,000 grand prize for the person that can grow the heaviest pumpkin on the Western Slope! Find out where you can get your giant pumpkin seeds and get the rules here!
While supplies last, you can stop by Black Carriage Furniture for a free packet of giant pumpkin seeds from the 450 pound pumpkin, Bob Wood of Collbran, grew last year!
Seeds like these can run up to $20 online, so make sure you thank the owner Jerald while you're in there!
Get them soon, according to experts you'll want to start them indoors by mid-April so you can plant them outside by Mother's Day.
Don't forget to send us pics of your progress to compare them to mine, because I'll be competing too!
- The final weigh in will take place between October 18 and 24 at Black Carriage Furniture.
- October 18 contestants can pick up a pallet from Black Carriage Furniture for hauling pumpkins
- Competitors are responsible for delivering their pumpkins to the store, once on site Black Carriage Furniture will have the equipment on hand to move and place pumpkins on site.
- Pumpkins must be grown on the Western Slope and you must submit a photo of your pumpkin during weigh in. Pumpkin must be on the vie, showing surround scenery, to verify location.
- Grand Prize to be awarded October 25 at Black Carriage Furniture