The 8 Rules of Every Park in Grand Junction
The city of Grand Junction has more than 40 fantastic parks and some of the rules have changed.
One of the best features of Grand Junction is all of the city parks to enjoy. No matter where you live, you're probably not too far from a park. Some are large like Sherwood Park, Lincoln Park, and Canyon View Park, while others are pretty small like Duck Pond Park in the Ridges and Cottonwood Meadows Park on Texas Avenue.
The Grand Junction City Council recently approved some changes at city parks and crews have been working diligently over the past few months to update all the signs. To save you a trip to your nearest park to see what the signs say, I've got the complete list of rules right here.
1. This park is open 5:00 am- 10:00 pm (The hours are actually different for some parks. Some are open until 11:00 pm)
2. All city parks facilities are smoke-free including tobacco, marijuana, and substances delivered through electronic smoking devices. (that means vaping)
3. Glass containers are prohibited.
4. Possession/consumption of full-strength beer and wine is allowed.
5. Pets must be leashed and waste cleaned up.
6. Golfing is prohibited.
7. Preauthorization of commercial sales is required.
8. Paid reservations have priority, other uses are first come, first served.
So now you know the rules. Go enjoy one of Grand Junction's outstanding parks, and if you happen to see a city worker, be sure and thank them for their hard work to keep our parks looking great.