New ‘Ninja’ Secret to Falling Asleep
Everyone need a good night's sleep. But, sometimes you just can't. Laying there tossing and turning, trying to figure out what to do. Well, wait no longer. Dr. Andrew Weill from Arizona has created a sure-fire method to Slumberland. He calls it the 4-7-8 breathing technique. You may feel silly trying this after reading the instructions and watching the video, but I'd be willing to try almost anything to get some sleep.
It's a very simple technique, no equipment needed and doesn't take up a lot of time. Sit with your back straight, place the tip of your tongue against the gum tissue right behind your front upper teeth.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
You should practice this every day to get used to it. After a while, you'll probably be able to sleep through anything! Sweet dreams!