Australia is Burning, But How Can Northern Colorado Help?
#Australia is trending for a tragic reason: because of bushfires ravaging rural areas, over 1,500 homes have been destroyed and over 20 people have died (according to CNET).
Sources are reporting that entire species of animals will be wiped out and despite efforts, the fire may continue to rage on for months to come. It's hard to see all the social posts about the fires and not know what the best form of action is to take, all the way over here on the other side of the world. I'm here to help with that.
The one thing that helps no matter where you are in the world: money. Donations to various organizations in Australia will help with important supplies, food, and water, so here is a list of organizations that need your help and your dollars.
- The Australian Red Cross: help with evacuation and recovery efforts
- The NSW Rural Fire Service: support the firefighters in New South Wales and their efforts (see Nick Kroll's video on #FightFireWithaFiver below)
- The RSPCA Bushfire Appeal: Donate money to help protect animals affected by the bushfires and to help evacuate animals from disaster areas
- Help First Nations communities with this GoFundMe, which will support members of the first nations community who have lost property, been forced to evacuate, and more.
- For more ways on how to donate, head to CNET.
Let's help our friends in Australia, and donate today.