10 Useless Facts Guaranteed to Lighten Any Conversation
We all know someone who is a wealth of useless information. People who've mastered the art of being able to interject a piece of totally useless information at just the right time, are guaranteed lighten any conversation. If you're not one of those, here are ten useless facts to help you get started.
Online shopping game site GameIt founder Bryce Johnson, who commissioned the poll of the most useless trivia facts, said of the top answer, "I've known some useless facts in my time, but this one raises the bar."
Here are the Gameit poll's 'World's Most Useless Facts'
- Most toilets flush in E-flat.
- It's illegal in Alabama to chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.
- Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
- A possum has 13 nipples
- The philosopher Rene Descartes had a fetish for cross-eyed women.
- It's illegal in South Dakota to lie down and sleep in a cheese factory.
- There are 336 dimples on a golf ball.
- It's illegal in Kentucky to remarry the same man four times.
- The number of people you need before it becomes more likely than not that two of them share a birthday is 23.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds
One of my favorites that didn't make the top ten is actually a pretty interesting fact. The word Typewriter is the longest English word that can be typed using only letters on the top row of the keyboard.