Random Thanksgiving Trivia
Here's some random Thanksgiving trivia, to AMAZE and ASTOUND your friends and family, or at least keep them entertained . . .
From Mother Nature Network & The Wire, here's some random Thanksgiving facts for you to burst out during a lull in conversation at the dinner table before someone brings up Grandma Betty's drinking . . . again.
- This is Thanksgivings 150th anniversary!
- The FIRST happened in 1621 . . . 392 years ago, but it wasn't OFFICIALLY a holiday until 1863.
- Thanksgiving is ALWAYS on Thursday because . . . it's the most wide open and people don't have much going on.
- Sarah Hale from New Hampshire & the author of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" is the woman who pushed Thanksgiving from an informal tradition into a holiday.
- Did you know turkeys CAN'T HAVE SEX? At least modern turkeys. They've been bred for meat, so they're TOO FAT TO HUMP
- Did you know there have officially been FOUR DEATHS and 64 INJURIES during Black Friday sales?
- BlackFridayDeathCount.com will update those numbers in real time this year.