99.9 KEKB - Grand Junction's Favorite Country logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

The National Weather Service says "above normal" precipitation is on the way, and Grand Junction residents are digging it.

According to a Facebook post from US National Weather Service Grand Junction Colorado, "The Climate Prediction Center has chances that favor above-normal precipitation next week as the storm track gets more active across the region." That music to the ears of many people.

Just the other day a friend of mine expressed his readiness for either rain or snow. It appears many people hope for the same. The disaster known as 2020 and all of its accompanying wildfires may have something to do with it.

Judging by the reactions on Facebook, people have their fingers crossed, literally, hoping for significant snowfall.

Lisbeth Oden - "Oh please oh please oh please"

Dejah Thoris Snead - "Please let it be, we need it so much!"

Mary Pat Dunn - "....hoping.... hoping....."

Of course, there's always a skeptic. One Facebook reply says, "I'll believe it when I see it."

To that, the National Weather Service actually sent a reply. Unfortunately, that reply may not be music to anyone's ears. While Grand Junction has a 44% chance of "Above Normal" precipitation, it also has a 23% chance of "Below Normal" precipitation. There's also the possibility of taking the middle road with a 33% chance of "Near Normal" precipitation.

I, for one, could use a little snow or rain. Check out the link below, and you'll see what is expected to unfold over the next few weeks.

Ride along the Silverton Durango Railroad

More From 99.9 KEKB - Grand Junction's Favorite Country