[UPDATED] Everything You Need to Know About Grand Junction’s Ice Storm
Wow! What a mess it is in Grand Junction right now. Before you try to brave the mess, you might want to check this out.
What happens when it rains below freezing? The following water freezes and turns everything into a sheet of ice.
Right now in Grand Junction, roads look like a skating rink. Leading to the following:
- I-70 is shut down between Clifton and Exit 26 at the Love's Truck Stop until further notice.
- Grand Valley Transit has disrupted service due to road conditions.
- District 51 is releasing elementary students early.
- The Grand Junction Police Department is in an accident alert. All non-emergency accidents should be reported to the police department at a later time. You have up to 48 hours to report the accident.
- The Grand Junction Regional Airport runways are closed due to icy conditions.
- All Mesa County Public Libraries will be closing at 4 p.m.
- Mesa County offices will close at 3 p.m.
- Rocky Mountain Sanitation pulled their trucks off the road safely. They will resume service tomorrow morning and work to catch up throughout the week.
- Mesa Mall will be closing at 4 p.m.
- All District 51 schools are on a 2-hour delay for Tuesday, January 10. Morning kindergarten and preschool are canceled.
What the Grand Junction Airport runway looked like.
Stay safe. If you don't have to travel today, don't. If you're on the roads, stay below the posted speed limits and maintain a safe distance between the cars in front of you.
We'll keep you updated as the day progresses.