Five Things You Must Do On Your First Day Back to Work
Taking a ton of days off for the holidays, it's going to be a wonder if you even remember how to work! Here are five things you should do when you return to work from the holidays.
I got a great list of 2014 Reminders from a fellow radio grunt, Mark Kaye, reminding me of everything I needed to do when I got back to work. Of course it was formatted for radio so I revised it for you!
Here's 5 things to do upon your return to get you started off right for the new year:
- UPDATE YOUR GOALS - You probably have an idea of what you'd like to accomplish this year, but if you really want to reach your goals, it's best to write them down. It'll help you focus and remind you what you're working towards!
- UPDATE YOUR FACEBOOK BANNER - Make it something "snazzy"! Something that says, "I'm awesome and ready for anything."
- CLEAN YOUR OFFICE/WORK SPACE - Even if it is, "someone else's job", get rid of the junk, recycle old stacks of unneeded paperwork, pull outdated info, posters and memos off the bulletin board and get rid of the drink rings and "sticky spots" by the computer. It will make you happier, and healthier! Plus your co-workers will appreciate it too!
- PLAN YOUR YEAR - Make sure you know what you are doing ahead of time whether it's Mother's Day or your annual license plate fees, don't let them sneak up on you!
- DELETE CANDY CRUSH - Or whatever your gaming addition. It's time to stop wasting your time! Use that spare time to connect with friends and family, or volunteer your time! Think about all the ways you can reach out and make a difference!