5 Reasons Why Fruita’s Free Thursday Concerts Are the Coolest
This was the scene last night for the free Thursday night concert at Fruita's Civic Center Park. These free concerts are outstanding, and here are my top five reasons why you should try to catch them all.
Last night, Thursday, July 18, the Frank Bregar Orchestra performed for the concert series. The crowd was excellent, the weather was excellent, and if I do say so myself, the band was excellent.
Here's how these free concerts work: You show up, get out your chair or blanket, and enjoy the show. That's it. No tickets, no reservations. The concerts are free. The sooner you get there, the better (and shadier) spot you'll get. Just make your way to Civic Center Park at 325 E. Aspen in Fruita by 7:30 for downbeat.
Here are my top five reasons why you dare not miss these concerts:
- The price of FREE is the best deal in town
- Fruita's Civic Center Park is an awesome venue. The stage is nice, and there is shade to be found
- You can enjoy a wide variety of musical styles
- You'll be supporting local artists
- This is an ideal way to spend a Thursday evening - outdoors, live music, all at the right price
Musical options vary from week to week. Last night's entertainment was an 11-piece Big Band specializing in Basie and Goodman. The previous week featured the Bluegrass Offenders. Three weeks before that was Flat Top Reed.
So, what's in store for the remainder of the 2019 season? Here's a rundown of the remaining 2019 shows:
- July 25 - Slim Pickins (Blue Grass)
- August 1 - The Oxymorons (Top 40 / Covers)
- August 8 - The Williams Brothers Band (Blues Rock / Grit Country)
The 2019 season is winding down. If you haven't attended one of these concerts yet, don't let another pass you by. Make every effort to attend Fruita's Thursday night free concerts.