5 Reasons to Check Out Grand Junction’s Moonlight Movies at the Amp
Have you watched a "Moonlight Movie" at Grand Junction's Las Colonias Amphitheater? Last night I enjoyed watching Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen for the first time since 1981. There's another movie next Wednesday. Here are my top five reasons why you should attend.
These movies are great! Put simply, you bring a lawn chair or blanket, grab a spot on the lawn, wait for the sun to go down, and enjoy. That's pretty much it.
Last night's (June 19) show did experience some technical difficulties. The sound wasn't working properly. Unfortunately, some people chose to leave. They should have waited a few minutes. The problem was quickly solved, and the evening was great.
Next Wednesday's (June 26) movie is Captain Marvel. I'm probably the only person on Earth who hasn't seen it. If I don't have a rehearsal that night, I will most definitely be there.
Here are my top five reasons to catch Captain Marvel next Wednesday night at the Moonlight Movies at the Amp at Las Colonias:
- The price of FREE is pretty hard to beat
- I miss the "Drive-In" days, and this is pretty much the next best thing
- There's something nostalgic about seeing a movie in this setting
- It's a chance to see a movie while getting out of the house
- It's a far more comfortable setting than the movie theater
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- You'll need a lawn chair or blanket
- The temperature gets a bit chilly at night
- They will check your bags and lawn chairs before entering, so don't attempt to bring in anything not permitted
- Bug spray is a must
As you can imagine, concessions are available inside the venue. Prices seemed reasonable, especially by "movie" standards. A bottle of water was $3.
Make a point to attend next Wednesday's (June 26) movie, Captain Marvel. Right here, right now, it's the final movie on their schedule. Don't let this chance pass you by.