Top 5 Reasons to Catch Grand Junction Senior Theatre This Weekend
The Grand Junction Senior Theatre program is absolutely fantastic. To date, I've seen several of their plays, and they are always top notch. This Friday and Saturday, March 17 and 18, they present Gilbert and Sullivan's comic opera H.M.S. Pinafore.
This organization has offered productions to the public since 1996. Their goal: to make high quality performing arts available to the people of Western Colorado while enriching the lives of seniors. The group is open to people 50 years and older.
This year's production, H.M.S. Pinafore, makes its way to the stage at Grand Junction High School Auditorium this weekend. Here are five reasons why you dare not miss this show:
- The production quality of their shows are absolutely fantastic
- Chances are someone you know is in the play
- You should pursue any chance to catch live theater
- H.M.S. Pinafore is an excellent production
- These are your friends, coworkers, and neighbors volunteering their time and energy to do something constructive and offer it back to the community.
- **BONUS REASON** - One of the cast members is Bob Sours. Oh, poppycock, Nigel!
Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Showtimes are:
- Friday, March 17 @ 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 @ 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 @ 7 p.m.
That's right, only three performances. Lights will go up Friday, and the stage comes down Saturday night. Don't let this show pass you by.
Support you fellow Western Colorado residents and check out this amazing show. Speaking as someone who has attended past performers, I can assure you it will be time well spent.