A Quick Guide To Colorado Slang
For you first-time visitors, here’s a quick crash course on some Colorado slang. And hey, Grand Junction gets mentioned.
Here is a handful of the examples that are talked about in the article. There are bound to be plenty more. That’s where you come in. Help us create the ULTIMATE Colorado/Grand Junction dictionary, so to speak.
Add your slang words and terms at the bottom of this post.
- ‘PFM‘ – #18 might be retired, but he will be in Coloradans’ hearts forever. Omaha! Omaha! Indeed.
- ‘Donkeys‘ – ONLY if you are a true native of Colorado and you literally bleed Orange and Blue are you allowed to refer to our football team with this term.
- ‘Transplants‘ – I am one, so therefore I am not allowed to talk on the subject. But boy, do locals really hate that word. Or is it the transplants themselves they loathe?
- ‘Dispensaries‘ – Wait. What? You mean we can buy weed here? Let’s call the stores something fancy, so no one figures it out and buys up all the good stuff.
- ‘Junktown‘ – Yup, this one hits a little closer to home.
- ‘The Right O‘ – Driving in Denver can be like driving in a foreign country. RiNo, LoDo, SoBro….you get it.
Can you think of any other slang words for Colorado?