99th Fruita Fall Festival 2013
This is one of the festivals I can't wait for EVERY year! Why? Because there's literally something for EVERYONE!
Some of my favorite events at this festival include:
- Bed Races 9a Saturday on Aspen Ave.
- This hilarious event is definitely something to bring the WHOLE family to see! The entry I remember the MOST from past years was the Fruita PD dressed as pigs with little snouts on running down the street . . .
- Baking & Canning Contest 10a Saturday at Rib City Grill
- Normally I'd be one of your JUDGES but this year I'm COMPETING, and I'm gonna give you a run for that $100 Grand Prize!
- Youth Pet & Talent Show 1p Saturday on the Pavilion Stage in front of the Civic Center on Aspen
- By far one of the BEST events in the Grand Valley! You'll see some of the most talented kids (& their pets) on the Western Slope. This is where I first saw Lainey's May, the gals that've won our annual Country Showdown for the past two years!
But REALLY there is something for EVERYONE!
- 3-10p Vendor Booths & Crabtree Carnival Open
- 4-10p Rotary Club Beer Garden
- 5-8p Lioness Spaghetti Dinner
- 6p Ranch Rodeo
- 7-8:30 Comedy Hypnotist
- 7-10p Street Dance
- 7-9:30a Pancake Breakfast
- 9-9:45a Bed Race
- 10-Noon Parade
- 10a-4:30p Baking and Canning Contest
- 11a-10p Beer Garden
- Noon-10p Vendor Booths, Crabtree Carnival, Live Music on 2 Stages
- 7p Fruita Rimrock Rodeo Finals (listen to us everyday this week to WIN a family pass)
- 7p Magician Hypnotist
- 7p-10p Street Dance
- 9a 5k Stampede Race
- 10a Dog Race
- 11a-1p Cowboy Church
- 11a-2p Beer Garden
- 11a-4p Vendor Booths, Crabtree Carnival, Live Music
- Noon Gymkhana
- 1p-4p Youth Pet & Talent Show