UPDATE: Weather Outlook for Country Jam 2019
Country Jam is here! The first official day of summer is just eight days away. This is Western Colorado, and where the weather is concerned, "summer" could mean just about anything. What kind of weather can you expect for Country Jam?
I've been to Country Jam in the middle of lightning storms, record heat, and on one occasion, something resembling a typhoon. Considering Grand Junction is hundreds of miles from the Pacific coast, that whole typhoon thing struck me as kind of weird.
We hosted the Campground Kickoff Party last night, and weather was PERFECT!!! It can stay just like that for the next four days (in my opinion).
Here's the rundown for the entire week, courtesy of the National Weather Service:
- Thursday: Mostly Sunny with a high of 93.
- Thursday night: Isolated showers, mostly cloudy, with a low of 61.
- Friday: Increasing clouds, with a high of 89.
- Friday Night: Slight chance of showers, with a low of 58.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high of 86.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low of 60.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high of 88.
- Sunday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low of 60.
Wow! It looks like the most extreme temperature we'll have to deal with is Thursday with a high of 93. That's not bad at all. For the most part, you'll notice a certain sameness throughout the week.
Speaking as a Country Jam vet, there are a few things to remember, regardless of what the weather brings. You're going to be outside for 10 to 12 hours. If you're like me, your skin burns in about one hour. Sunscreen is a must. Secondly, you'll need water and lots of it. You can get bottled water on the grounds, and there are drinking fountains. Regardless of how you get it, make sure you drink plenty of water.
It looks like Mother Nature is going to be kind to us this week. Let's make this the best Country Jam ever. Stay hydrated, smother yourself in sunscreen, and like always, please don't drink and drive. See you at the Jam!