Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend Grand Junction’s Comic-Con
Mesa County Libraries are hosting a Comic-Con at Grand Junction's Two Rivers Convention Center in October. Here are my top five reasons why you should attend.
According to Bing, a "Comic-Con" is:
A comic book convention or comic con is an event with a primary focus on comic books and comic book culture, in which comic book fans gather to meet creators, experts, and each other. Commonly, comic conventions are multi-day events hosted at convention centers, hotels, or college campuses.
I attended this event last year, and in my opinion, the definition above pretty much sums it up. The event featured comic book collectors, enthusiasts, pop culture fans, and lots of people dressed up as their favorite characters.
Last year's con featured several booths where fans produced various arts and crafts reflecting their favorite comics. Many of these were for sale, mostly for the purpose of generating funds for non-profits and schools.
The Mesa County Libraries Comic-Con is coming up October 12, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Two Rivers Convention Center. The cost to get in is:
- $5 Donation
- Free admission with your Mesa County Library card
Here are my top five reasons why you should attend:
- Like I always say, the price of Free is pretty hard to beat
- The costumes (cosplay) were fantastic last year. I bet they'll be equally good this year
- If you're a comic enthusiast, this is a good way to build your collection (coed.com)
- Comic-Cons bring out everyone’s inner child (coed.com)
- Shopping - score the items and memorabilia you've been looking for
The upcoming Mesa County Libraries Comic-Con sounds like fun. I definitely plan to attend. I don't plan to buy anything, but I do want to attend. You should stop by, too. If nothing else, it's a fun, and potentially inexpensive way to spend a Saturday.