Top 5 Dive Bars in Junction According to Yelp
According to Wikipedia, a dive bar is a disreputable bar or pub. It may also refer to a neighborhood bar where local residents gather to drink and socialize. This was especially true in the past.
Over the past few years, they have gotten a better reputation but still known as dimly lit places to get cheap alcoholic beverages and have some fun like shoot pool or my favorite which is playing shuffleboard. Some offer greasy bar food but it's just a bar to sit down with working-class people trying to relax after working hard all day or all week.
When looking on Yelp they have these 5 bars named as the top dive bars in Grand Junction:
- Quincy's Bar & Grill - Open from noon until 2:00 a.m. each morning located at 609 Main St. This dive bar dates back to the early 1900s, with a dance floor and karaoke on certain nights of the week.
- Cruisers Bar - Open from 3:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. located at 715 Horizon Drive. The bar offers live music some nights, or 6 big-screen TVs to watch your favorite game. There is also a patio with a heated smoking area.
- Charlie Dwellington's - Open from 3:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. located at 103 N 1st St. Happy Hour is 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. daily. They have pool tables (free after 9:00 p.m.), foosball, dart leagues, and tournaments.
- Barons - Opening early at 10:00 a.m. staying open until midnight (2:00 a.m. on Thursday, Friday & Saturday) located at 539 Colorado Ave. They have shuffleboard tables, pool tables, and live music some nights.
- Bailey's Lounge at The Grand Vista - Open at 4:00 p.m. each day and closing at different times depending on the night located inside a hotel. With karaoke going on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
What is your favorite dive bar in Grand Junction?