10 Items Not to Buy at the Grocery Store
Save a lot of money avoiding these 10 items at the grocery store.
An average family of four will spend $300 bucks at the store every week, save some dough by avoiding these ten items!
- Salad Dressing
- Make your own with one part vinegar, three parts oil, add salt and pepper. Save money and the door space in your fridge!
- Gift Cards
- Activations fees at the grocery store can be over $5, get one from the actual store and avoid fees!
- Greeting Cards
- Don't spend $4 on one card when you can buy 50 blank cards online for only $7! Then Google the type of sentiment you want and voila, awesome homemade card!
- Name Brand Spices
- Grow your own in a window box, most folks can't tell the difference!
- Flower Arrangements
- Buy single flowers or pick them from your garden and make your own!
- Party Supplies
- Pay half as much by getting them from the dollar store!
- Not only are they unhealthy, it doesn't take much time to make a sandwich for lunch! Don't sacrifice your health to save a few bucks!
- They're extra expensive, because you forget to buy them until you need them, get a better deal buying them at a bulk store or using rechargeable.
- Bottled Water
- Costs 1,000 times more than tap water, if you don't like tap water get a filter for your faucet, then us refillable water bottles.
- Once again, big mark-up because you don't buy them until you need them, if you buy them from a bulk store you'll save a ton!