Student Transportation of America Offering $750 Hiring Bonus for School Bus Drivers
Student Transportation of America is hiring school bus drivers in the Grand Junction area — and offering a $750 hiring bonus and paid training.
If you’re looking for flexible scheduling, this could be the job for you. Student Transportation of America says their school bus driver positions could be filled by anyone, but with their scheduling and environment, moms and retired people are often applying for positions with them.
As a bus driver for Student Transportation of America, you would be operating a school bus or van over designated bus routes and transporting school-aged individuals. If you don’t have any experience, that’s okay. Student Transportation of America says you can obtain your CDL in as little as six weeks.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Conduct pre-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operations
- Drive a school bus route – picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on the route
- Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Clean bus as necessary to maintain a professional appearance and positive company image
- As requested or desired, take field trip, activity, and charter assignments
- Must be over the age of 21
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination
- Must be committed to training and processes
- Must have a minimum of three years verifiable driving history
- No more than two moving violations and one preventable accident in the past three years
- Ability to adhere to all company safety standards and operating procedures
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Passion for working with children
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training program
- Great company culture
- Paid training
If you want to give back to the community, apply today on Student Transportation of America’s website.