5 Seasonal Sports Jobs Hiring Right Now in Grand Junction
Are you a sports lover? Are you in the market for a job? The City of Grand Junction is looking for seasonal employees for sports related jobs.
Have you considered exploring a part-time career as a softball umpire? Who hasn't? Perhaps your interests involve water sports. Either way, there are opportunities available right now with Grand Junction.
You won't get rich, but you'll have fun.
The jobs currently available are season and part-time. It's entirely possible that's exactly what you're looking for. I have several friends that work for the city as umpires, officials, and supervisors, and they love it.
Now is the time to apply.
Some of these job listings close at the end of March 2021. That leaves barely a week for you to get your application in.
Adult Softball Umpire$18.50 - $22.00 Hourly
According to governmentjobs.com, Adult Softball Umpires will officiate and maintain control of league play by utilizing rules knowledge, proper mechanics, and consistent judgment.
- Knowledge of adult slow pitch softball game and rules.
- At least one year of playing and/or umpiring Adult Softball.
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Someone who is willing to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor$12.63 - $13.60 Hourly
These positions are for summer (mid-May – Labor Day) at Lincoln Park-Moyer Pool, Orchard Mesa Community Center Pool, and Palisade Community Pool.
Applicants must have or be willing to obtain a valid Ellis & Assoc. International Lifeguard Training Program certification.
Sports Facilities Seasonal Maintenance Worker$12.32 - $16.53 Hourly
The Sports Facilities Division is seeking qualified, hardworking, and highly motivated applicants for the Lincoln Park Sports Complex, Canyon View Park, and Columbine/Kronkright softball complexes.
Adult Softball Supervisor$14.64 - $16.56 Hourly
The Adult Softball Supervisor will oversee the adult softball league which takes place primarily on weekday evenings with an occasional weekend tournament.
Guest Services Representative - Aquatics$12.32 - $12.63 Hourly
These positions are for summer (mid-May – Labor Day) at Lincoln Park -Moyer Pool, Orchard Mesa Community Center Pool, and Palisade Community Pool. A portion of the seasonal staff works year-round at Orchard Mesa Community Center Pool.
What exactly does an Aquatics Guest Service Representative do? According to governmentjobs.com:
- Collect fees for admission, pass and punch cards
- Complete reservations and program registrations
- Communicate effectively with guests, lifeguards, and management team
- Provide excellent guest relations and interaction
- Respond to guest questions and function as part of the facility emergency response