Paddle Board Yoga Season is Underway in Grand Junction for 2021
Paddle Board Yoga is a real thing, and it has already returned to Grand Junction for the 2021 season.
What is Paddleboard Yoga?
According to rei.com, doing Yoga on a paddleboard is not nearly as hard as it looks. Personally, looking at the video, this appears pretty difficult. Then again, I find regular yoga, the kind you perform on solid ground, to be extremely challenging.
Where Paddleboard Yoga Be Done in Grand Junction?
Thank you all that showed up for the Community SUP Yoga class this morning. It felt wonderful to get our first practice in of the season! Just a friendly reminder~ the water temperatures are still cold. Wear the proper gear for the environment you are paddling in.
That sounds about right. Like I said above, it's challenging enough, for some of us, anyway, to do Yoga on solid ground. Imagine taking a dip in water that was snow barely 30 minutes earlier.
Add this to your bucket list.
This might make it to my "to-do" list for 2021. First, I need to lose about 30 pounds. If I were to try and get on that paddleboard thingy right now it would probably sink.
Five Reasons You Should Try Paddleboard Yoga in Grand Junction
Here are my top five reasons why you should look into taking a SUP Yoga class in Grand Junction:
- Doing yoga on a SUP engages muscles that you may neglect during your on-land practice. (thanks to rei.com for this one)
- The added challenge of doing yoga on a wobbly board will force you to be very present and intentional with all your movements.
- If you're already experienced with Yoga, SUP yoga is a great way to work on maintaining a beginner’s mindset because it introduces a new challenge to your yoga routine. (this one, to me at least, is a biggie)
- The sensation of floating helps to alleviate the heaviness that life sometimes throws on our shoulders.
- Since the platform is unstable, you have to engage your core more for better balance.
Paddleboard Yoga Classes are Available now in Grand Junction, and at an Affordable Rate
Let me begin by saying there are various organizations offering classes such as this. For our purposes today, I'm looking at the class schedule for Grand Junction Stand Up Paddle.
According to their webpage, they offer classes at:
- Highline Lake
- Las Colonias
I need to spend more time doing yoga. For that matter, I need to spend more time outdoors and on the water. Here's a chance to do both while taking a new approach to building some core strength. Care to join me? I'll be the guy falling off the board into the water.