New Mesa County Libraries Director Hosting 6 More Meet-n-Greets
The new director of Mesa County Libraries is hosting six more meet-n-greets for Mesa County residents, and you are invited. Come meet the new director.
Michelle Boisvenue-Fox, director of Mesa County Libraries, hopes you'll join her at one of the six remaining meet-n-greet events around the county. These will be very informal, creating an environment where you can share any thoughts or ideas you may have regarding Mesa County's libraries.
The six upcoming meet-and-greets are scheduled for:
- Orchard Mesa Branch, 230 Lynwood St. — 3-5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17
- Fruita Branch, 324 N. Coulson St. — 5-7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23
- Clifton Branch, 590 32 Road — 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24
- Gateway Branch, 42700 Highway 141 — Noon-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3
- Palisade Branch, 119 W. Third St. — 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5
- De Beque Branch, 730 Minter Ave. — 4-6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11
Boisvenue-Fox comes from Comstock Park, Michigan, where she was a director of programming, outreach, and collection services for the Kent Library District. What are her qualifications? She possesses:
- Master’s degree in library and information science from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor’s degrees in English and journalism from Central Michigan University.
I look forward to serving Mesa County residents. It is my desire to find out what community needs are most prevalent,” Boisvenue-Fox says, “and get to know people living here. - Michelle Boisvenue-Fox
As I've mentioned recently, I've become a huge fan of the Mesa County Libraries. I was raised in Grand Junction, but regrettably, didn't utilize the library as frequently as I should have. In the last year or two, I've put that library card to good use, and have enjoyed every second of it.
Take this opportunity to meet the new director of your Mesa County Public Libraries. Use it as a chance to share ideas and concerns. There are several opportunities on the horizon, one of which is coming to a library branch near you.