Nationwide Recall on Gripe Water
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people about Gripe water product for infants and adults. The product was distributed throughout the United States by Dollar General Corporation.
However official say using the product should not be considered hazardous, but could result in difficulty when swallowing.
The recall involves all lots of “DG™ Baby Gripe Water herbal supplement with organic ginger and fennel extracts.” The manufacturer, Kingston Pharma, is voluntarily recalling the product due to the presence of an undissolved ingredient, a citrus flavonoid.
The Company reports it has received one report of a one-week-old infant having difficulty when swallowing the product and three complaints attributed to the undissolved citrus flavonoid.
- The product is packaged in 4-ounce amber bottles
- The product has white plastic caps with safety seals
- The product is provided with an oral syringe
- The product has the UPC Code 8 5495400246 3
- For more information 1-800-332-1088