How Local Realtors Will Handle In-Person Showings
Let the in-person house-buying resume.
As we begin the slow, gradual transition back to normal living, those in the real estate industry are among those who are especially happy to see an easing of restrictions.
While it is certainly possible to buy a home without ever stepping inside, it's not something most of us would ever want to do. It's like taking a test drive in a car. You need to see exactly what you are getting. That's why it is so exciting right to have in-person showings now being allowed. However, as well there should be, there are certain restrictions and guidelines that should be followed right now when it comes to buying or selling a house.
* You should drive your own car to the showing.
* Wash and disinfect your hands before and after each showing.
* During the showing, you should wear booties or shoe coverings.
* When touring properties, avoid the temptation to touch any surfaces.
* If you are not feeling well, do not attend a showing or open house.
* After each showing, wipe down all surfaces.
* Don't have a showing if you are a family member is not feeling good.
* Minimize the need for contact by leaving cabinets, closets, and any other spaces that may want to be seen open.
* Provide hand-sanitizer for those entering and leaving your home.
These guidelines are in place for the protection of all parties involved. Hopefully, everybody participating in the home-buying and selling process will adhere to these coronavirus era protocols.