Grand Junction’s Grammy Winning Kalani Pe’a Set to Tour the West Coast
Grammy winning musician, and Colorado Mesa University graduate, Kalani Pe'a is setting out on tour. Soon he will make his way down, and then back up, the west coast. Check out his tour schedule.
Last year, Kalani Pe'a walked away with the award for Regional Roots Album at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards. A former music student at Mesa State College (now CMU), he picked up the award for his album "E Walea."
Pe'a, a native of Hawaii, attended Mesa State College from 2001 to 2007, receiving his Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications.
His tour will take him to the following communities:
- March 22 - The Shedd in Eugene, Oregon
- March 24 - The Sofia Theater in Sacramento, California
- March 25 - Flynn's Caberet & Steakhouse in Felton/Santa Cruz, California
- March 28 - Alberta Rose Theatre in Portland, Oregon
- April 8 - Blue Note Hawaii in Waikiki, Hawaii
Okay, so one of the dates, specifically the last one, takes him back to Hawaii.
Kalani Pe'a has done very well for himself. His career has taken off, and he's earned the respect of his peers. If possible, make a point to catch one of his upcoming shows.