Grand Junction Colorado’s Newest Auto Parts Store Officially Open
Shoppers in Grand Junction, Colorado now have a new auto parts store to choose from. The new store in Orchard Mesa officially opened yesterday, January 2, 2023.
This store has been some time in the making. Thankfully, with the new year comes another option to choose from.
New Auto Parts Store In Orchard Mesa
The new O'Reilly Auto Parts at 2703 US-50 in Grand Junction opened its doors for business yesterday. This would be the new store located on the southeast corner of Highway 50 and 27 Road.
A Handful of Stores In The Grand Junction Area
A number of O'Reilly Auto Parts stores operate in and around Grand Junction, Colorado. You'll find stores at:
- 2844 North Ave
- 2442 Patterson Rd
- 1672 Highway 6 & 50 in Fruita
- 3221 I-70BL in Clifton
Backstory Of This Company
O'Reilly began as a single store back in 1957. According to the company's official website, O'Reilly's now operates 5,910 stores in 47 U.S. states.
O'Reilly Automotive intends to be the dominant supplier of auto parts in our market areas by offering our retail customers, professional installers, and jobbers the best combination of price and quality provided with the highest possible service level. - The O'Reilly Corporate Mission Statement
How Does O'Reilly Choose Its Locations?
It wasn't long ago the corner lot at 27 Road and Highway 50 was a tax preparation office with a bar in the basement.
How did O'Reilly select this location for which to build? The O'Reilly website specifies the requirements when choosing a location. According to the site, the company typically builds free-standing stores on real estate they own. The site adds:
- They typically require 30,000 to 35,000 square feet of land for a freestanding prototype.
- Land parcels for new construction must accommodate between 30 to 40 parking spaces.
- Stores typically range from 6,800 to 7,225 square feet in floor area. A minimum of 60 feet of frontage for existing buildings.
- Lease spaces must include plenty of non-congested, customer-friendly parking spaces and prominent pole signage.
- Shopping center preferences are an end cap or pad site.
- They require high-impact locations with excellent visibility and easy access from adjacent streets.
Pay Them a Visit
The store can be easily accessed from either Highway 50 or from 27 Road. You'll find they have ample parking.
South Side of Highway 50 In Orchard Mesa
Take a moment to consider the construction and new business making its way to the quarter-mile stretch of Highway 50 near 27 Road in Orchard Mesa. In the last year, the new Taco Bell has opened, Subway has moved to a new freestanding building on the south side of the highway, and work has begun on the new subdivision. Big things are underway on this stretch of Orchard Mesa.