Grand Junction City Markets Part of Event Hoping to Hire 1,900
King Soopers and City Market stores around Colorado are on a mission to hire up to 1,900 new employees. A hiring event is coming soon to the Grand Junction, Fruita, Montrose, and other communities in Western Colorado.
Right now City Market stores are accepting applications for all positions. Opportunities include cashier, bagger, produce clerk, deli clerk, and more.
Huge Hiring Event Coming to Grand Junction, Fruita, Montrose
The stores will conduct a hybrid-hiring event including virtual and on-site interviews. The event is coming up on Wednesday, October 13, from noon to 3 p.m.
According to Kroger's official webpage, job responsibilities could include:
- Assist customers at checkout and bag groceries
- Build attractive displays and stock shelves
- Select and gather products to fulfill customer’s online orders
- Prepare gourmet dishes, make artisan sandwiches and serve local and imported cheeses
- Bake fresh breads and cookies, decorate cakes and serve personalized coffees
- Create artistic floral arrangements
- Prepare fresh cut fruits and vegetables
- Cut and serve the highest quality meats and seafood
- Contribute in many other areas to provide extraordinary service to our customers
- We are now accepting applications for all positions including cashier, bagger,
- e-Commerce clerk, grocery clerk, produce clerk, meat clerk, deli clerk and bakery clerk.
It’s an exciting time to work in grocery retail, and as one of the leading retailers and employers in Colorado, we’re committed to offering associates a culture of opportunity and career with purpose, competitive pay and benefits, and flexible schedules. We truly want our associates to have a rewarding and uplifting experience while meeting our customers’ needs and delivering on our promise to be in-stock, fresh, and friendly. - Jessica Trowbridge, King Soopers and City Market Corporate Affairs Leader via 9News
Might Be Precisely What You've Been Looking For
Every time I go to the Orchard Mesa City Market, it looks like an oil painting. You'll see the exact same employees you saw working there twenty years ago. Off the top of your head, how many people can you name who've retired from the company?
Times Are Changing
Today alone I've already produced one commercial for a hiring event at a Grand Junction area factory. Last week we did a remote from a hiring event at a machine shop. If you're in the market for a new job, opportunities are presenting themselves right and left. It never hurts to look into it.