Grand Junction Blood Bank Sends Out ‘Urgent Plea’ for Donations
Pardon me, but could you spare some blood? A blood bank in Grand Junction could really use it.
The St. Mary's Regional Blood Center in Grand Junction is running short on blood. They sent out an email today asking for donations? Are you available to help out?
Urgent Email Sent Out Today
Earlier today I received an email from the St. Mary's Regional Blood Center. This email was not the typical reminder to donate. This one came with a certain gravity. The email said:
We need blood. There have been many incidents across the Western Slope recently that have used large amounts of blood and we are struggling to keep up. Just when we think we are about to catch up, another accident, trauma, or medical emergency happens and wipes us out.
I'm Overdue To Donate
My last donation was a little over a two months ago. The blood center will call me when it's time to donate again.They called me about two weeks ago to remind me I was eligible to donate. Unfortunately I somehow got distracted and didn't schedule an appointment.
One Of The Most Rewarding Things You'll Ever Do (In My Opinion)
Trust me, it's quick, easy, and with the exception of this little pokey thing they stick your finger with, it's absolutely painless.
Waylon's Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Donate Blood
Here's my list, a list that has been shared hundreds of times, of my top five reasons why you should donate blood at the St. Mary's Regional Blood Center. In my opinion all five reasons are valid. The one that gets me, though, is the fifth item on the list. This can happen at any time, without warning, maybe to someone you know... maybe even you.
- It's painless. Seriously, it doesn't hurt. Yeah, they have to poke a finger with a little needle to get a sample, and that's kind of a drag. Aside from that, you hardly notice anything.
- The people at the blood bank are awesome.
- You really do get free orange juice and cookies!
- You never know when you might need blood. Wouldn't it give you real peace of mind to know there was blood waiting should you need it?
- You literally are saving a life. How many times today will somebody need blood right here in Grand Junction? How about the country? Will it be someone you know? A family member? Be proactive! Emergencies happen without warning, but that doesn't mean you can't be prepared.
Are you ready to donate? They do ask you to make an appointment. It's easy to schedule an appointment online with their user-friendly Donor Portal.
You'll find the blood center at 750 Wellington Avenue in Grand Junction. Donation hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.