Four Jobs Available Right Now With the City of Grand Junction
Is it time for a new gig? Is it time for a gig, period. If you're looking for new career opportunities, the City of Grand Junction has a few on the table right now. You might just find the job you've been looking for.
Are you skilled when it comes to working on automobiles and equipment? Do you have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people? Right off the top, there are a couple of jobs worthy of your considerations. In each case, these are full-time positions paying in the $20 to $30 range.
Let's say none of these suits your fancy. I bet someone you know is looking for new opportunities. One of these might be just right for them. Spread the word.
For your consideration, here are four jobs currently available with the City of Grand Junction.
The City of Grand Junction is looking for a technician to join their "Fleet Team." Okay, so what's a Fleet Team? According to the City of GJ's webpage:
The fleet team is a division within the City of Grand Junction's General Services department, servicing vehicles, equipment, and facilities to help ensure proper and safe operations. All members of the fleet team are expected to practice the City's Core Values which include continuous improvement, collaborative partnerships, and providing exemplary service.
What are the job responsibilities? According to the city's webpage, the right employee will inspect, repair, and adjust a variety of systems on light and heavy equipment and vehicles, including emergency vehicles, fire apparatus, and parks power equipment.
- Three years of equipment repair experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Associate's Degree or Certificate in Automotive and/or Diesel repair technology from an accredited college or technical trades institute preferred
- Possession of a valid Colorado Class B commercial driver's license with tanker endorsement
- Possession of Air Conditioning Recovery and Recycle certification
- Ability to work varying hours
Here's a chance to get paid while attending the POST Academy. Check out the details provided by the City of Grand Junction's webpage:
The City of Grand Junction sponsors the Police Officer Recruit while he or she completes the Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certified Basic Academy program through Western Colorado Community College in Grand Junction, CO. After successful completion of the POST Academy, Certified Police Officers are moved to an entry pay rate of $29.86 hourly while completing a 16 week Field Training Officer (FTO) Program with the Grand Junction Police Department.
- Good physical condition
- Minimum of 21 years of age, as of date of hire
- Minimum vision corrected to 20/40 in worst eye and 20/20 in best eye
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying – see notice below)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
This is the only one coming in at under $20 per hour. It's close, though. What exactly does an Emergency Communications Specialist do?
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls for service while simultaneously recording information from callers who are requesting police, fire, ambulance, and other emergency services
- Calm, negotiate, advise, and otherwise communicate with callers to obtain the necessary information to determine both the nature of call as well as what resources to send
- Coordinate and relay information and assistance requests to the appropriate law enforcement, fire, or emergency medical service agency
With this position, the Paramedic will be part of a two-person ambulance crew and work with their partner to:
- assess patient conditions
- provide essential treatment
- administer medication
- inform physicians of patient conditions
- direct patient care
- transport patients to a local medical facility
The right candidate will possess the following:
- Colorado EMT-I or EMT-P certificate OR a National Registry EMT-I or EMT-P certificate on or by August 1, 2020
- PALS certificate OR PEPP certificate on or by August 1, 2020
- ACLS certificate on or by August 1, 2020
- CPR certificate on or by August 1, 2020
- Valid Colorado Driver's License or ability to obtain
- Must be able to distinguish red and green
- Minimum vision 20/30
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age at time of hire