One Colorado School District Anticipates In-Person Graduations
One Colorado school district has plans in the works for in-person graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2021.
According to KDVR, Cherry Creek School District's graduating class of 2021 will conduct graduation ceremonies in early June at the Stutler Bowl in Greenwood Village. In addition, live streams of the ceremonies will also be available.
The ceremonies will be held in early June at the Stutler Bowl, which is located at 4700 S. Yosemite St. in Greenwood Village. A live stream of all ceremonies will also be available.
Via its official webpage, the Cherry Creek School District shared this statement:
The Cherry Creek School District is pleased to announce plans for in-person graduation ceremonies to celebrate the accomplishments of your seniors! After all they have been through during the COVID-19 pandemic, the district is delighted to be able to mark this important milestone in their lives.
At this time, the schedule is as follows:
- Friday, June 4 at 8 a.m. - Cherry Creek High School
- Saturday, June 5 at 8 a.m. - Eaglecrest High School
- Monday, June 7 at 8 a.m. - Grandview High School
- Tuesday, June 8 at 8 a.m. - Cherokee Trail High School
- Wednesday, June 9 at 8 a.m. - Overland High School
- Thursday, June 10 at 8 a.m. - Smoky Hill High School
- Friday, June 11 at 8 a.m. - Cherry Creek Elevation
- Friday, June 11 at 11:30 a.m. - Endeavor Academy
The district's webpage added, "All health and safety protocols required at that time will be followed. That’s likely to include masks or face coverings, a limited number of guests per graduate and physically distanced seating."
Congratulations to the graduating class of 2021. Like the webpage says, after everything these students have been through during the pandemic, it will be exciting to mark this milestone with in-person graduation ceremonies.