Colorado Museums Have Free Admission on Saturday
Is there a museum in Colorado you have always wanted to visit but didn't because you could never seem to have enough to afford the ticket?
Well, you are in luck, because this Saturday (9-21) you can go to any of 30 museums in Colorado and not pay for your admittance.
The Smithsonian Magazine's annual Museum Day is this Saturday and all you have to do is pick a museum and download your ticket.
The participating museums in Colorado are spread throughout the state and give those who have never gone to a museum to go and enjoy everything they've been missing.
More than 1,500 museums across the country are participating this weekend. Here are
the museums in Colorado you can go to.
- Animas Museum – Durango
- Aspen Art Museum – Aspen
- Aurora History Museum and Historic Sites – Aurora
- Colorado Snowsports Museum and Hall of Fame – Vail
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College – Colorado Springs
- Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab – Denver
- Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Center – Crested Butte
- Denver Firefighters Museum – Denver
- Dinosaur Journey/Museums of Western Colorado – Fruita
- El Pueblo History Museum – Pueblo
- Fort Garland Museum & Cultural Center – Fort Garland
- Gilpin History Museum – Central City
- Golden History Museum & Park – Golden
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Leadville
- History Colorado Center – Denver
- Holden Marolt Mining & Ranching Museum - Aspen
- Hotel de Paris Museum – Georgetown
- John May Museum Center – Colorado Springs
- Kauffman House Museum – Grand Lake
- Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art – Denver
- Lakewood Heritage Center – Lakewood
- Loveland Museum – Loveland
- Montrose County Historical Museum – Montrose
- Museum of Art – Fort Collins
- Museum of Colorado Prisons – Canon City
- Museum of the West/Museums of Western Colorado – Grand Junction
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Leadville
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame and Museum of the American Cowboy – Colorado Springs
- San Luis Valley Museum – Alamosa
- Trinidad History Museum – Trinidad
- Victor Lowell Thomas Museum – Victor
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry – Colorado Springs
- Wheeler/Stallard Museum – Aspen