Are You the Next Radio Star in Grand Junction?
Do you love country music, radio, and helping out in the community? Or, do you have someone in mind that would be perfect? We would love to hear from you because right now the most listened to radio station in the whole Grand Valley is looking to add to our team.
99.9 KEKB is looking for a part-time on-air personality and digital content creator here in Grand Junction. We're looking for someone who really loves living here in the Grand Valley, and loves to crank up the country and have a good time.
We need someone who can tell engaging stories (while keeping it brief) and is a team player. The person we are looking for can be the life of the party, but doesn't need to be, and always wants to give back to the community. Someone who is comfortable with opening up their lives to the audience and has thick skin when they hear negative comments in return.
It would be great to have someone well connected with what's going on here in Colorado, seeing as how whoever we find will also need to write digital content about local topics that people care about and truly affect people here in our community.
While radio experience is appreciated, it is not a necessity when applying for this opportunity with 99.9 KEKB. The necessities for this position include a positive attitude, don't mind waking up early, and someone who is always willing to help out our team.
I've interviewed people in the past for this position and just haven't found the perfect person to join our staff, yet. We are in no rush, just wanting to find the perfect fit for our team. If you think you are who we are looking for or know someone who would be great have them email me, email@example.com
When applying answer these 5 questions for me:
1. What 3 things are you most passionate about?
2. How could you help continue to build the 99.9 KEKB audience?
3. Tell me one topic you would love to discuss on the radio (try to think local).
4. If you had a pair of 3-day Colorado Country Jam passes to giveaway to listeners how would you want to make it happen? (think on-air and/or digitally).
5. If we got 3-5 minutes with Carrie Underwood at Country Jam what would you want to do at that time, knowing that we want to have something to show or tell our listeners?