11 Colorado middle school students at Adams City Middle School in Commerce City ate weed-infused edibles and nine of them were taken to a hospital.

According to Adams 14 School District's Facebook, a medical incident occurred at their school yesterday, March 9. Right around 2:15 p.m. a number of students at Adams City Middle school reported feeling nauseated and dizzy. While emergency responders suspected that the students ingest weed-infused edibles, their suspicions were confirmed by the students.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Several students reported that they had ingested candy with marijuana in it to the health clerk and according to the school district's Facebook, school officials called an ambulance to help with the incident. Nine of the eleven Adams City Middle School students were put in ambulances after they were vomiting and disoriented, according to KDVR.

The Adams 14 School District's Facebook also stated that they don't know how many other students ingested the substance and students would be released to parents at the end of the school day.

The spokesperson for the school district said that 'no one was, at any time, in any life-threatening danger.' There's currently a criminal investigation going on and it's possible that adults could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of minors, according to KDVR.

I'm not sure how these kids got their hands on these weed-infused edibles, considering you're supposed to be 21 to ingest them. It's always important to make sure your weed products are in a place where your kids can't get to them.

According to Colorado.gov:

It's illegal for anyone under age 21 to buy, possess or use retail mairjuana...and adult may be charged with a felony for giving marijuana products to someone underage.