Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra 2019 Fall and Winter Schedule
Grand Junction's very own Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra is back at it. The group is hard at working prepping for the 2019-2020 season. It's going to be a busy one. Here's the rundown for their upcoming concerts.
This season, the WJCO is doing something a little different. A number of their shows will be performed at Warehouse 2565 Kitchen + Bar at 2565 American Way in Grand Junction. The WCJO has performed at that venue a handful of times in this past, but this marks the first time they've secured the venue for an entire season.
If you're not familiar with the ensemble, the Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra is a 16-piece Jazz/Big Band working under the direction of the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra. The band frequently performs concerts and clinics around the valley.
This year, the WCJO is offering a special ticket package - All four concerts at Warehouse 2565 for $60. Tickets are usually $20 each. There are two other concerts/clinics on the calendar for the season. Tickets to those shows are not included in the special ticket package.
The WJCO schedule for 2019-2020 is:
- Thursday Nov. 14, 2019 Warehouse 2565 - 7:30 PM downbeat
- Thursday Dec. 19, 2019 Warehouse 2565 - 7:30 PM downbeat - Holiday Concert
- Sat. Jan. 11, 2020 Robinson Theater 3:30 PM performance for WSCBA honor jazz students
- Monday Feb. 24, 2020 Warehouse 2565 PM early Fat Tuesday celebration
- Saturday Mar. 28, 2020 CMU Ballroom TBA Symphony Gala
- Thursday April 23, 2020 Warehouse 2565 - 7:30 PM downbeat
I believe you'll find the Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra to be a real "prime time" act. Their set lists include everything from Benny Goodman to Tower of Power.
For tickets or info, contact the Grand Junction Symphony Office at 970-243-6787. You can also swing by the Symphony office at 414 Main Street in Grand Junction.