Top Five Reasons Why You Dare Not Miss This Sunday’s CMU Annual Holiday Concert [LIST]
This Sunday, drop whatever plans you have, and make every effort to attend the Colorado Mesa University Annual Holiday Concert. This is the event where the CMU Music Department breaks out all the bells and whistles, literally, and puts on the biggest show of the year. In the event you need a little convincing, here's a list of the top five reasons why you simply must attend.
The students and faculty at CMU present one huge performance featuring every ensemble they have: the CMU Jazz Ensemble, the CMU Chamber Choir, Women's Choir, the Wind Ensemble, the CMU Symphony Orchestra, and the various Jazz Combos.
Still not convinced? Well, here you go:
5. This show features your favorite holiday standards, but... historically, also includes world premiere performances of commissioned works.
4. The show is great. If you are a true music connoisseur, this is your show.
3. A tremendous amount of work and passion goes into this production.
2. You can see a performance by some of Western Colorado's best musicians and conductors, all in one place at one time.
1. It is the best show of the season. In the event you can only make one show... this is it.
In years past, the show has almost always sold out. Get your tickets early. The concert is this Sunday, December 7, at the Robinson Theatre at the Moss Performing Arts Center. Downbeat is at 3:00 PM. Tickets are available at the Moss box office at 248-1604.
Word of advice: as with most concerts, the best place to sit is somewhere about mid-house. Various sound waves take time and distance to develop. If you sit center of the theater, as opposed to say the front row, you'll get a far better acoustic experience. This really applies to a show featuring a wide variety of ensembles, ranging from brass to strings to vocals.