Everything We Know About Thomas Rhett’s New Album, ‘Center Point Road’
Thomas Rhett's getting ready to release his fourth studio album, Center Point Road. The country star announced the project on March 1, and is readying the record for late May.
What else do we know about Rhett's next release? Read on for all of the details
Rhett's fourth studio album is named Center Point Road. The record takes its name from a street in Rhett's hometown "that shaped and influenced much of his life experiences," a press release explains.
"For me, Center Point Road really symbolizes what it was like to grow up in Hendersonville: first dates, first football games, first heartbreak, first kisses, success and failures," Rhett says in a press release. "I really feel like that road shaped who I am today, and it felt fitting because the record, for the most part, is pretty nostalgic."
The Release Date
Center Point Road is due out on May 31. It's available for pre-order now.
The Record Label
Center Point Road will be released by Big Machine Label Group's Valory Music Co. Rhett has been with the label since the beginning of his career.
The Album Cover
Rhett's Center Point Road album cover features a close-up shot of the singer's face, in a side profile.
Julian Bunetta and Dann Huff co-produced the first single from Center Point Road with Rhett. Both men were among the producers for Rhett's sophomore and third studio albums. It's unclear if they co-produced the entire album, or if other producers are in the mix as well.
Rhett dropped the first single from Center Point Road on March 1. "Look What God Gave Her" is short -- just under three minutes long -- and contains a grooving guitar line. "Look what God gave her / How perfect he made her / She walks in the room, it's like he answered my prayers," Rhett sings in the chorus.
Rhett co-wrote "Look What God Gave Her" with producer Julian Bunetta, his dad Rhett Akins, J Cash and John Ryan, but he came into the process late: "It actually started in a room without me," Rhett shares, "about a month before I ever heard it." But when Bunetta played the track for Rhett, "I was just completely hooked and addicted to the melody, what the song said, the beat, the tempo."
Rhett asked to cut the song, but also suggested adding a bridge to it -- and that's how he became a co-writer on "Look What God Gave Her," along with adjusting some of the second verse to make the song more personal.
"It's a song that I've played thousands of times, on my phone and in my car, at the gym, on the bus, literally in every different setting, and it's a song to me that just really just does not get old," he adds. "I think it's kinda hypnotic in the way that it kinda engulfs your brain and really just makes you want to dance and kinda just puts a smile on your face."
Rhett debuted "Look What God Gave Her' on Saturday Night Live on March 2. The country star was the TV sketch comedy show's musical guest that night.
Center Point Road contains 16 songs. "Look What God Gave Her" is the fourth track, while the second song on the record, "Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time," features Little Big Town. The title track features Kelsea Ballerini, and Jon Pardi appears on a song called "Beer Can't Fix."
Rhett says in a press release that his fourth studio album will find him "getting back to his roots." He adds in another press release, "Songs like "Almost," "That Old Truck" and especially "Center Point Road" really describe who I was as a kid and teenager, and who I’ve become as an adult."
Thomas Rhett, Center Point Road Track Listing:
1. “Up” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
2. “Don’t Threaten Me With a Good Time" (featuring Little Big Town) | Thomas Rhett, Karen Fairchild, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus, Jonathan Yip
3. “Blessed” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
4. “Look What God Gave Her” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Julian Bunetta, JKash, Ammar Malik, John Henry Ryan
5. “Center Point Road" (featuring Kelsea Ballerini) | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge, Cleve Wilson
6. “That Old Truck” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Kamron Kimbro, Ryan Tedder
7. “VHS” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge
8. “Notice” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
9. “Sand” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Michael Hardy
10. “Beer Can’t Fix" (featuring Jon Pardi) | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Zach Skelton, Ryan Tedder
11. “Things You Do for Love” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Luke Laird, Josh Osborne
12. “Remember You Young” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
13. “Don’t Stop Drivin’” | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley, Josh Miller
14. “Barefoot” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller
15. “Dream You Never Had” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
16. “Almost” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge
Thomas Rhett's Best Live Shots
Unforgettable Thomas Rhett Moments