Stream the Grand Junction Symphony Concert This Weekend
A special performance is coming your way this weekend with the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra. Here are five reasons why you should "attend" this show.
Like everyone and everything else, the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra has been impacted by the recent quarantine. As a result, a handful of performances including Beethoven's 9th and the annual gala had to be postponed.
It's been a while since the GJSO has offered a performance of Beethoven's 9th as part of their programming. The last time they performed the selection was back in 2008.
Fast forward 12 years, and you have an opportunity to enjoy the GJSO's encore performance of the "Ode To Joy" finale of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 from the 2008 concert. Your emcee, so to speak, will be none other than Maestro Charles Latshaw who will introduce the piece and giving some historical background.
This performace will stream this Saturday, May 9, at 7:30 p.m. You can catch the stream on the GJSO's Facebook page.
These are my top five reasons why you should catch this encore performance:
- You should pursue every chance to enjoy a concert with the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra.
- This is a very special selection and is certain to be a morale booster.
- Saturday, May 9, marks the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra's 41st anniversary.
- Saturday, May 9, is Maestro Charles Latshaw's 41st birthday. (How dare the Maestro be ten years younger than me - Waylon J.)
- If the recent crisis has taught us anything, it has shown us we should appreciate our LOCAL businesses, organizations, and residents. These are Grand Junction's finest musicians sharing their talents with one of Western Colorado's most respected entities.
I sincerely hope you'll make a point to catch the performance. More than anything, I hope ensembles such as the symphony will keep their momentum until we reach the other side of the current worldwide crisis.
Please fire up the computer, smart-tv, smartphone, tablet, or whatever, this Saturday night. Gather the family, maybe even grab a glass of wine, and delight in this presentation. If you enjoy it, and there's no doubt you will, please consider making a donation to the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra.