Want The Pony Express To Carry Your Christmas Cards This Year?
Even though the mail delivery system only lasted 18 months, it made a lasting impression. Just going to show how much we love history in Wyoming, the legendary Pony Express will be back in action this holiday season. You can have Pony Express riders will pick up and deliver your Christmas cards and letters in time for Christmas.
There is a little bit of a catch, though.
If you miss that deadline, the Pony Express Christmas card run riders will be picking the letters up from Pony Express drop boxes at any post office in Wyoming's Goshen and Platte counties (full list and addresses below). As long as you have proper normal postage stamps on your mail, you can add a very special piece of history to the cards and letters you're sending friends and family.
You have until Noon on Wednesday December 8th to get your cards and letters into the drop boxes and will be picked up and carried by horseback from Fort Laramie to Guernsey. All letters and cards will receive the special Pony Express Stamp and be delivered to the U.S. Postal System. The mail will then enter the normal mail system and delivered.
Here is a list of Goshen and Platte county Post offices from County Offices.org
- Fort Laramie Post Office 105 East Merriam Street Fort Laramie, WY
- Hawk Springs Post Office 114 Railway Street Hawk Springs, WY
- Huntley Post Office 245 Broadway Huntley, WY
- Jay Em Post Office 220 Autumn St Jay Em, WY
- Lagrange Post Office 201 5th Avenue La Grange, WY
- Lingle Post Office 209 Main Street Lingle, WY
- Torrington Post Office 2145 Main Street Torrington, WY
- Veteran Post Office 111 3rd Street Veteran, WY
- Chugwater Post Office 237 2nd Street Chugwater, WY
- Glendo Post Office 118 North Yellowstone Highway Glendo, WY
- Guernsey Post Office 101 South Wyoming Avenue Guernsey, WY
- Hartville Post Office 135 Main Street Hartville, WY
- Wheatland Post Office 852 East Walnut Street Wheatland, WY