Mesa County law enforcement agencies are doing a good job keeping drunk and drugged drivers off of the street. With your help, they could do even more.

In an effort to crack down on impaired drivers, especially those who are frequent offenders, the Colorado State Patrol (CSP) and Crime Stoppers of Mesa County are asking the public to report individuals they know who often drive drunk, drugged or both.

It's a common fact that driving while under the influence increases the risk of an accident. The CSP also says most of the serious and fatal injury accidents are caused by drivers who have frequently gotten behind the wheel when they shouldn't.

If you know a chronic DUI or DUID driver, you can report them anonymously through Mesa County Crime Stoppers. The driver's name, a vehicle description, and when and where they may be driving while intoxicated are the key information needed.

This information can increase arrests, greatly decrease the risk of an accident, and act as an intervention that may lead to treatment and recovery of the impaired driver.

To anonymously report a drunk or drugged driver, call Mesa County Crime Stoppers at 970-241-7867. Reports can also be made on the Crime Stoppers website or by using the P3 Tips app. If the information leads to an arrest, the person providing the information is eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.

More From 99.9 KEKB - Grand Junction's Favorite Country