Mesa County Concealed Handgun Permit Applications Now Online
I am just one of many Coloradans who have their concealed handgun permit, and many more have an interest in doing so but the process has changed recently. The information released by the Mesa County Sheriff's office says that the change has been made to offer better service and to reduce wait times for those applying for their permit.
As of yesterday, Monday, February 22nd, 2021 applications will be by appointment only, walk-up services will no longer be offered. So the new steps you will need to follow when applying for your concealed handgun permit include:
- Schedule your appointment online
- Submit your application online
- Pay all fees associated with receiving your permit
Also, if you are changing your name, address, or request a replacement permit you will need to use the online application process. All concealed handgun permits must be submitted to the county sheriff's office where you reside, own property, or own a business. To apply for a concealed handgun permit you must be 21 years of age. You can learn more about concealed handgun permits in Colorado by clicking here.
Before you start your application for a concealed handgun permit you will need the following:
- Colorado Government-issued ID
- Complete a handgun certification that includes the signature of the class instructor (an online class will not be accepted).
- Proof of residency in Mesa County if your identification says otherwise.
If you have any questions about the application process or the recent changes that have been made you're encouraged to call (970) 244-3500. And remember to always treat every gun as if it were loaded.