Make This Grand Junction’s Safest Motorcycling Season Ever
Motorcycle season is upon us. Let's make this western Colorado's safest year ever. There's a safety fair coming your way, and it's the perfect way to kick off the riding season.
Keep your eyes open for motorcyclists. I've recently had one friend killed while riding his motorcycle, and I don't want to have it happen to another.
Western Colorado Gold Goldwingers and Black Canyon Wings offer a free motorcycle safety fair this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Mesa Mall parking lot. The event includes bike displays, traffic safety displays, motorist awareness seminar, and tables where you can sell your used riding gear.
Why should you give up part of your Saturday to attend an event such as this? Here are my top five reasons why:
- Events such as this help you to freshen up on forgotten or neglected riding skills.
- It's a smart investment of time for the novice rider.
- Seminars can build your riding confidence.
- It's a great chance for those who don't currently ride to get a little background and insight.
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from valuable information offered at such seminars.
If you're an enthusiast, then this event is for you. People with similar interests will gather to share their background and experience. If you're a novice rider or considering the idea of taking up riding, here's you chance to glean info from those with years of riding behind them. As the organizers say on their poster, this is your chance to learn to avoid conflicts between cyclists and the motoring public.
Start the season on the right foot and make plans to attend. You might see the bike of your dreams. If nothing else, you'll enjoy a chance to pick up a little info and the company of those who love to ride.