If Food Has Been Left Out Too Long It May Not Be Safe To Eat
When I was growing up as a kid my mom always made us put food in the refrigerator right away so it wouldn't go bad. She also never let us store food in the can in the refrigerator. I remember once going through a checkout line with my mom when I was about 4years old and a can of tuna was protruding. I remember the cashier taking that right away saying we could get food poisoning because the bubble in the can meant it had gone bad.
According to the Mesa County Public Health Website