HIRING – Four Seasonal Jobs Available Right Now in Grand Junction
Are you looking for a new gig? Are you in search of something seasonal? The City of Grand Junction is hiring right now. Here are four seasonal part times jobs currently available.
Here it is Friday. If you're dreading the thought of heading back to work on Monday, perhaps you should consider a life change. Perhaps you're simply in the market for some extra part-time work. Either way, the City of Grand Junction has a handful of part-time jobs available, one of which might be precisely what you're looking for.
These are four such jobs for your consideration.
This sounds like fun. Recommended experience includes playing or scorekeeping any level of softball or baseball. Scorekeepers are required to participate in all required training. You would be looking at 3-12 hours per week depending on schedule. Applicant must be able to work weekday nights and some weekends. Season: April-October. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Be a part of the team at Lincoln Park Golf Course. Duties include:
- Responsible for all aspects of food and beverage service for daily golf patrons, golf tournaments, golf meetings, and weekly leagues.
- Respond to and resolve customer concerns or complaints.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventories of operating supplies.
- Answer questions and provide information to facility users; interpret and explain policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure operations meet safety and sanitation standards.
Applicants must be in possession of or have the ability to obtain a food handler's card.
What are the qualifications? According to the job posting, for the most part, you just need to be in good shape. Responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of duties, responsibilities, and operations including landscaping, mowing, sports field maintenance, horticulture, weed abatement, irrigation, and weed cutting.
- Participate in all phases of maintenance assignments and facilitation of sporting and special events for Sports Facility operations.
- Perform a variety of duties directly related to athletic field preparation and maintenance for events such as baseball, football, track, soccer, softball, special events.
- Operate the specialized equipment needed for field preparation.
- Assist with the care/maintenance of natural and synthetic turf; clean, maintain, coordinate, and set up the Hospitality Suite.
- Clean restrooms, bleachers, shelters, buildings, and other assigned areas.
- Operate and perform minor repairs to stadium infrastructure such as P.A. systems, field lighting, locker room facilities, scoreboards, etc.
- Work closely with coaches, athletic directors, and staff to meet the maintenance needs of facility users.
Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker positions include opportunities in Forestry, Horticulture, Irrigation, Turf Maintenance, and Weed Abatement/Open Space.
Okay, so what exactly does one do? Well, they assist crews in trimming, planting, and removal of trees in the City landscapes and right-of-ways. Work is physical and will require the operation of chainsaws, large brush chippers, and assisting in stump grinding operations. Hours are mostly Monday through Friday and may include evenings and weekends as needed. This job lasts April through October.