Five Reasons Why You Dare Not Miss This Grand Junction Holiday Concert
Are you ready to get into the Christmas spirit? How about a 16-piece Big Band cranking out some of your holiday favorites? The Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra will host their annual holiday concert, "WCJO Holiday at the Warehouse," on Thursday, December 9, 2021.
Grand Junction Long Overdue For This Concert
Sadly, Grand Junction was gypped out of this annual concert during the dumpster fire known as The Year 2020 thanks to COVID-19. Well, the Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra is back, and they'll be celebrating the holidays in style. Here are my top five reasons why you dare not miss this show.
A Classy Way to Celebrate the Holidays in Grand Junction
This once-a-year show is coming to Warehouse 2565 Kitchen + Bar on Thursday night, December 9, at 7:30 p.m.
Check out the video at the top. That's from the WCJO's Christmas Concert a few years back at the Avalon. I whipped out my dumbphone and shot a little video. A ton of work goes into this presentation. Between sound, staging, lighting, and instruments, several hours go into stage setup and soundcheck. That, of course, does not include the weeks of rehearsal leading up to the show.
When it was all said and done, the WCJO puts on an excellent Christmas show. I've had a preview of this year's programming, and it includes tons of Harry Connick Jr. You'll enjoy a mixture of instrumental and vocal arrangements, all perfect for the season.
Waylon's Rock-Solid Breakdown of Reasons for You to Attend
Here are my top five reasons why you should definitely catch this show:
- This is a prime-time act, playing excellent arrangements of your favorite Christmas tunes
- The WCJO is something of a 'who's who" of your favorite Western Colorado musicians
- The venue is perfect - music, dining, and your favorite cocktails. This makes for an incredible evening and/or date night
- This may be your only chance to hear some of these arrangements, performed by an authentic Big Band
- The show is very much in the Christmas spirit. These are excellent arrangements of your holiday favorites. How often do you get to hear a 16-piece band playing Christmas songs?
The WCJO has made something of a new home out of Warehouse 2565. This has proven to be a great room for the band. The seating is excellent, and you can augment the evening with a wide selection of menu items and drink specials.
Please make plans to attend the show on Thurday, November 9, 2021.. Tickets are available at the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra office.