Grand Junction Bids Farewell to Banker After 30 Years
A well-known Grand Junction banker will soon be stepping down after 30 years of service to the valley.
On December 31, 2019, Marcy Stockert will retire after 30 years with ANB Bank. Marcy's coworkers are throwing her a retirement party, and you're invited.
I've been a customer of this bank since 1986, and have worked with Marcy more times than I recall. For as long as I can remember, Marcy has always reported to the ANB Bank location at 131 N. 6th Street in downtown Grand Junction. Looking back over the last three decades, here are a handful of items Ms. Stockert has assisted me with:
- Opened my first savings account
- Opening a checking account for my first LLC
- Opening a checking account for my second and third LLC
- While I don't believe she dealt in mortgages, she did assist in preparing things for my first mortgage
- Marcy helped guide me through establishing an estate when my grandfather died
- She helped me establish and manage the estate when my grandmother died
- Helped in establishing mortgages when I began purchasing income properties
- Set up an estate account when my mother died
- Set up an estate account when my dad died
- Straightened out a thousand messes back in the day when I couldn't balance a checking account (thanks for that, Marcy)
Put simply, Marcy Stockert has helped me out hundreds of times, especially when dealing with some of life's most stressful situations. Buying a house is one of the most stressful things you'll ever do. Being the executor of an estate is even worse. On that note - if you really dislike like someone, a great way to get back at them is to make them the executor of your estate. You'll take ten years off their life.
You are invited to Marcy's retirement party on December 31. The ANB Bank location at 131 N. 6th Street invites the public to join them for an open house from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
ANB Bank would like to thank Marcy for her 30 years of banking excellence in our community, providing exceptional service and superior dedication to our customer. We wish her well on her many future adventures!
Thank you, Marcy Stockert, for guiding me through some rough financial situations. Nobody ever did it like you. In addition to all the help you gave me, I know you helped set up accounts for my grandpa, grandma, mom, dad, and even my brother. In my case, I know you set up at least six different checking accounts, the most recent being just two weeks ago. I wish you the best, and hope you enjoy every second of your well-deserved retirement.