Former Grand Junction Violinist Returns for Free Easter Concert
This Easter, get the family together and attend a free concert presented by the Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction. A former Concert Master of the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra will return to the valley to perform for this special event.
The Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction puts on this free concert every Easter. This year, the concert will be held Easter Sunday, April 21, at 2:30 p.m., at the Grand Junction High School Auditorium.
Carlos Elias, a former professor at Colorado Mesa University, and a former Concert Master for the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra, will once again serve as principal violinist.
Scott Betts also returns to conduct the concert. This is an amazing annual event. I've attended every year and encourage you to make the time to enjoy this special presentation. I've put together a list of five reasons why I believe you should make a point to attend this concert:
- Regardless of your personal music tastes, you will find Handel's Messiah to be nothing short of magnificent.
- The concert is free... when was the last time you ever received anything for free?
- This is a chance to see some of your favorite Western Colorado artists in concert.
- It's your chance to catch up with Carlos Elias and see him in concert again.
- This is a work of passion, start to finish. The performers have worked tirelessly to bring you this performance. None of the vocalists receive so much as a dime to perform this concert. They are doing this out of love for the holiday and the music.
This year's soloists include:
- Jovahnna Borboa - Soprano
- Alissa VanCamp - Alto
- Senhica Klee - Tenor
- Mark Cotton - Bass
Let's say you are unable to attend the concert on Sunday. You can attend the dress rehearsal at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 20, at Grand Junction High School Auditorium. There is a charge to attend the dress rehearsal - $10 per person. Doors for the dress rehearsal will open at 9:30.
This concert is not to be missed. Your friends and neighbors from right here in Western Colorado have come together to offer this musical gift to the community. Again, the concert is absolutely free, and no tickets are required.
Help welcome Carlos Elias back to the valley. Please make plans to attend the Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction's free presentation of Handel's Messiah.