10 Reasons You Should Tour Romania With This Colorado Celebrity
UPDATE: Due to conditions in Romania, the original trip had to be postponed. It has been rescheduled for May 2023. As of September 17, 2022, a few spots are still available.
A celebrity right out the great state of Colorado will be taking a tour of Romania next year, and you should tag along. These are my top ten reasons why.
Actress Cassandra Peterson, better known as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, will be revisiting Romania, the filming location of her movie "Elvira's Haunted Hills." She's put out the call for traveling companions. Here's a chance to get away and take an awesome tour with Elvira as your guide.
Right Out of Colorado
Cassandra Peterson was born in Manhattan, Kansas, but grew up in Colorado Springs. She left Colorado in 1969 to pursue her dream of a career in show business. The rest is history.
In 2001, she wrote, produced, financed, and starred in the movie "Elvira's Haunted Hills." For that movie, she and her team felt it best to take it on the road and film in Romania. That was 20 years ago. In celebration of the film's 20th anniversary, she's heading back to Romania for a nine-day tour, and you can tag along.
Where Did This Come From?
News of this tour appeared this morning on my Facebook feed. Via the Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (official) Facebook page, Cassandra Peterson announced the “Elvira’s Haunted Hills” 20th Anniversary Celebration in ROMANIA with Cassandra Peterson! tour for the dates May 7-15, 2022.
This is Not a Commercial
I'm not associated with this celebrity or the tour company hosting the event. Rather, I'm something of a Cassandra Peterson fan, and this caught my eye.
I've traveled to Europe before with a tour group such as this. In that case, the trip was a musical tour visiting some of the most significant sites in music history including the birthplace of Mozart, the home of Franz Liszt, and a former hangout of Richard Wagner's.
That tour was one of the best experiences of my life. When news of this tour caught my attention, I felt it was worth sharing.
What's Involved with the Tour
- Round-trip international airfare from New York City to Bucharest, Romania.
- Private deluxe motor coach and professional driver the entire time.
- First-class hotel accommodations in Bucharest and Transylvania.
- A 20th Anniversary presentation of Elvira's Haunted Hills.
- Traveling with the legendary Cassandra Peterson (Elvira).
- Tour and private dinner with Cassandra in Dracula’s Castle (Bran Castle).
- Traveling through the scenic countryside of Romania.
- Tour of Peles Castle, former Summer Palace of the Romanian Royal Family.
- A Craftours lanyard, luggage identifier and Elvira's Haunted Hills gift
Ten Reasons Why You Should Jump at this Opportunity
Borrowing heavily from the website Travel Notes and Beyond, along with a few ideas of my own, here are ten reasons why you should give serious thought to joining this tour.
- It's my understanding that Cassandra Peterson is about the nicest, most down-to-Earth celebrity that ever lived. You couldn't ask for a better "guide."
- It's Easy to Visit - You won't encounter as many restrictions and limitations as you'll find in other countries.
- Beautiful Castles and Fortresses - some of which you'll visit on this tour.
- Affordable - Romania is regarded as a "budget destination."
- Authentic Villages - There are many preserved medieval towns which will make you feel as though you've stepped back in time.
- Friendly People - Word on the street is Romanians are know for their friendliness and hospitality.
- Delicious Food - I'm not a foodie, but it's my understanding tasty food is a major component of the Romanian culture.
- Elvira's Haunted Hills was a fun movie, it it would be fun to visit the setting accompanied by the film's star.
- In my experience, organized tours such as this are a wise way to travel.
- If you're like me, you've been cooped up for the last 16 months and are about ready to freak out. Let's get out of dodge and see a bit of the world, shall we?
I'm thinking about signing up for this. I've seen Disneyland already, and New Orleans is getting too touristy. The last vacation I took was back in 2014, and that was a week-long music school at the Berkley School of Music. That was no vacation - that was an exhausting brain-buster and a lesson in humility. It's time to recharge. Let's go, shall we?
10 Actresses That Lived in Colorado