ALL 2020 Seniors Encouraged to ‘Chalk The Lot’ at Mesa Mall
We all feel bad for the Senior Class of 2020. Whether it is a high school or university student that is set to graduate, they are missing out on being able to celebrate like most classes get the opportunity to have. But the Mesa Mall is trying to lift their spirits by hosting a 'Chalk The Lot' event.
All seniors are encouraged to celebrate their accomplishments by beautifying a portion of the Mesa Mall parking lot. The hope is to eventually have a full collage from students expressing their excitement for completing their courses.
Here is how the whole process works:
- Register for a parking space to decorate online. This is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make sure you sign up for a date and time that works for your schedule as social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Get all of the supplies you need to create your masterpiece.
- Show up on time and work in the time allotted and please be careful to not disrupt or go beyond your parking space.
- Create your design idea to be approved at check-in. If not approved, you will not be able to start working on your art. You can submit ideas or ask questions prior to painting by emailing MesaMall@WashingtonPrime.com
- This is FREE, other than the cost of your own supplies
- Any type of Chalk is permitted
Things that are PROHIBITED:
- No offensive language, pictures, or symbols
- No negative messaging
- No "gang-style tagging"
- Must follow Mesa Mall's Code of Conduct guidelines and be school appropriate
- To be safe... submit your idea for pre-approval at MesaMall@WashingtonPrime.com
To check-in you will need:
- The name you used to register
- Your Chalk
- A copy of your design
- A broom to sweep your spot before decorating (a leaf blower works well too)
- A blanket or cardboard to kneel and sit on while creating your art
- Water or Gatorade to stay hydrated on those hot days
While I am not a senior and have zero artistic ability I am excited to see what the whole parking lot will look like when it's completed.