5 Reasons You Should Listen to Big Band Music in GJ This Sunday
Do you enjoy Big Band music? Did you know you can enjoy a free live show with Grand Junction's 10-piece Big Band, the Swing City Express? This event rolls around every month, and here are five reasons why you should catch this show.
The Swing City Express has played around Western Colorado for several years. Typically, you'll find them performing at private functions and dances. Now, though, you can enjoy the band this Sunday at Grand Junction's Charlie Dwellington's.
Clark Gault's Swing City Express, the 10-piece version of the band (there's also a 15-piece), performs at Charlie Dwellington's on the first Sunday of each month. They will be playing this Sunday, August 4, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Swing City Express welcomes you to join us this Sunday at Charlie Dwellington's from 7-9pm for dancing, listening, eating, drinking and conversation. We'll have our 10 piece band and visiting vocalists. It's important that we build to 50 attendees if we want to continue past September. At this time, there's no cover, although we will accept donations if you want to support keeping the band playing. - Clark Gault
Here are my top five reasons why you should attend this event:
- There's no cover charge (but donations are welcome)
- How often do you get to hear Big Band music live?
- The bandleader, Clark Gault, is a well-known composer and arranger, and you can be among the first to hear his compositions
- The Swing City Express just completed a new album, and you'll be able to hear some of the tracks from the album performed live
- This is as local as it gets, and live music just doesn't get any better
What better way to spend a Sunday evening? Charlie Dwellington's is located at 1st Street and West Main in Grand Junction. During the summer months, you'll typically catch the band on the patio. Let's make an evening of it. Hope to see you the first Sunday of each month with the Swing City Express.