5 Reasons to Run Grand Junction’s Winter 5K
Let's jog! Who cares that it's the middle of winter? Here's your chance to enjoy a 5K while supporting homeless residents of Mesa County.
Would you care to take a quaint little jog on February 23? That's more than a month before the first day of spring. Homeward Bound of the Grand Valley hosts its first 5K, a chance to learn about the challenges faced by Mesa County homeless.
According to Homeward Bound of the Grand Valley's Facebook page, this 5K is your chance to:
Lace up your shoes for a journey in theirs
The event will take place at Las Colonias Confluence at 715 Struthers Avenue, proceeding along the Riverfront Trail. Why should you give up your morning to take part in this event? Here are five reasons right off the top of my head.
- It's your first chance to get out and enjoy an organized "run" or "jog."
- It will be rough, but it's also a chance to experience the conditions some people live under.
- The Riverfront Trail is always awesome
- A 5K is just right - you'll feel like you're really racing... and that's a good feeling.
- You'll be supporting an excellent organization dedicated to bettering the lives of locals.
Tickets for the event are $18.84 each. Why $18.84? That is the amount it costs to house a homeless individual at Homeward Bound.
The event if February 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can register now. Don't let this worthwhile event pass you by. Here's your chance to take a break from the winter "blahs," have a little fun, and support a great organization.